Premium Tutorial: 3D Apple Peeled Skin
Create An Apple Peeled Skin Effect In Illustrator
In this premium tutorial, I will be showing you how to create this super cool peeled skin effect from scratch. You will learn how to draw a 3D apple in illustrator and wrap it with a seamless texture. I will also show you how to create the teared skin edges easily!Difficulty: Intermediate
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (13 pages)
- Step by step tutorial to create a 3d apple from scratch
- Learn the trick to create seamless skin using 3D effects
- Easy to follow with screenshot for every step
- Complete the tutorial easily in 26 steps
- Comes with source file for easy reference
- 30 days money back guarantee if not satisfied
1. We will start by drawing the apple skin. First turn on your grid by pressing Ctrl+'. Go View>Lock Guide and make sure it is checked. Now, draw a rectangle and fill it with red. Next, draw another rectangle below it and set it to orange. Duplicate a row of the skin by Alt/Option dragging the first skin. Click Ctrl/Command+D to duplicate 2 more skins below.
2. Select the skin and use the Shear Tool and drag the sides until the top skin edge meets in line with the 2nd skin edge as shown above.
3. To ensure that it will tile properly later on. You can drag a copy to the side and see whether it tiles seamlessly.
4. We will now make this a symbol so that we map it on our apple later on. Open up your Symbol Palette from Window>Symbols. Drag your skin into the symbols palette to create a new symbol.
5. Let's begin to draw the apple. We will draw half of the apple's section. Using your Pen Tool, draw the shape beside the line of axis. Make sure you draw a straight line at the line of axis.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: Tony Soh
Hi. I'm the founder of Vector Diary. Illustrator is my passion and I have written numerous tutorials on illustrator helping people learn illustrator. My most popular tutorial on learn illustrator has been a hit. It makes learning illustrator so easy and has benefited more than 20,000 people worldwide. Also, I've revealed some of my secret techniques in the premium tutorials. So don't forget to check it out!