If you like working on Illustrator, then today, I’m going to teach you a very nice tutorial, which is going to help you a lot in becoming the professional designer. You will learn how to create a 3D graph, magnifying glass and tablet. You will also get to know about the hidden/special effects present in the illustrator with the help of this tutorial. So let us start this tutorial. For this tutorial, will only use objects that are created in illustrator only and will not import any object from outside.
1. First, let us open a new document. To open a new document, go to File > New. A new document will open when you click on New under the File Menu. As you can see in the image above, we will first name the file and then input the dimensions of the artboard. One important thing that we should always remember is that we need to set the color mode in the document to RGB so that the image looks like an original image.
2. You will see 3 objects in the image below. First is a tablet, second being a magnifying glass, and the third, being a graph. First, we’ll start working on the colorful graph.
3. We will create this graph in Illustrator with the help of the 3D tool.
4. The first step in making the graph is to create 6 boxes and group them together. The image below shows how the boxes are created in different sizes.
5. Select the boxes, then go to Effect>3D>Extrude & Bevel.
6. By selecting the Extrude & Bevel option, you will see a window that looks like the image below.
7. When you enter the values in the options marked red in the image above, the look of the image changes. See the image shown below.
8. Select this entire object and expand it by clicking the Object Menu, then selecting the Expand Appearance Option. See image below.
9. By doing this, the object path changes into shapes. Now, we will change its color using the Gradient Tool.
10. Simple gradient color is filled in these shapes. You can also choose the values as per your liking. However, keep in mind that the outline of the shapes should be white.
11. After the above step, the graph is ready.
12. Now that the graph is completed, we are ready to work on the magnifying glass.
13. Let us first make a circle and fill it with gradient color. We will use the same technique for making the circle as we used in making the graph.
14. Lets make the handle of the glass now. Let us now create the handle of the glass. Make a box and fill it with default gradient color.
15. Next, we’ll make one more box that will be slightly bigger than the first one. Fill it with gradient color, too.
16. After making the handle, make 2 more small box shapes, as shown in the image below.
17. We’ll fill these shapes with white color and opacity will be 20%. Place the shapes over the handle.
Let’s make the glass of the magnifying glass. To do this let’s place a circle inside the magnifying shape.
Now fill the gradient color given below in this circle.
Now select the screen option given in the transparency box.
Now we’ll make 2 more small shapes in the upper part of the lens. See the image shown below.
Fill these shapes with the color given below.
After filling the color go to the transparency box and select the commands given below.
Make a circle above these 2 shapes.
Fill this circle with the gradient color given below.
After filling the color go to the transparency box and choose the selection shown below.
Make one more circle above this circle.
Fill this circle with default B/W gradient.
Now select both the circle and go here. Mask the opacity.
After doing the masking our image will look like this.
Select the lens flare tool.
Now drag the tool over the glass and make a lens flare effect as shown in the image below.
After leaving the drag we’ll get our lens flare effect.
Make a circle over the lens flare effect.
Now with this circle mask the lens flare effect. After masking, the image will look like this.
So this way our magnifying glass is ready.
18. After placing the shape, the basic structure of the glass is now completed.
19. Let us now proceed to working on the tablet.
20. The first step in making the tablet is to create a shape, as shown in the image below.
21. Select this shape and go to Object> Path > Offset Path.
22. A window will appear after selecting the Offset Path option. In the Offset Path box, input 2 and press OK.
23. By doing so, one more shape will appear inside the box. Fill this shape with gradient color. The value is mentioned below.
24. Let us then proceed to the next step and add one more box. We will place this box in the middle of the other 2 boxes, as you can see in the image below.
25. Fill this box with black color.
26. After filling the box with black color, select the box and go to Offset Path option again.
27. The Offset Path window will pop up. Insert the values given below to apply to this box. After selecting OK, another box will be placed inside the black box.
28. Fill the box with gradient color. Take note of the values shown below.
29. After filling the gradient, our image will look something like this, which is almost done.
30. The next step is to create the button of the tablet. First, make a box with rounded corners.
31. Then, select Object> Path> Offset Path.
32. Now, one more box will appear inside our box and we’ll fill it with gradient color. The values of the gradient are given in the image below.
33. Gradient fill karne ke baad button kuch aisa dikhega.
34. Let us then proceed to making a shape on the button.
35. Select the gradient box and paste it over the pen tool path by pressing Ctrl + F. By doing so, the gradient box willl be copied over the pen tool shape, as shown in the image below.
36. Select the gradient box and the pen tool’s shape and go to Pathfinder box. Select the option that is marked red.
37. This will result in another shape created in the button.
38. Fill this shape with white color and set opacity at 25%.
39. The button is now ready. Make 2 duplicate copies of the button and place them beside the original button.
40. Create one black box under the 3 buttons. A single panel of buttons will then be created.
41. Place this whole panel on the lower part of the tablet.
42. After placing the buttons, the image will look like this.
43. Make a copy of the buttons and stretch them to make them slightly longer, as shown in the image below.
44. Create a black box under the buttons.
45. Place the entire unit on the left side of the tablet.
46. Once the left panel is placed properly, the image will look like this.
47. Ab tablet ka camera banate hain. camera banane ke liye circle ka use karte hain. jaisa niche diye gaye step mein dikhaya gaya hai.
48. Lo to ban gaya hamara camera. ab is camere ko tablet ke upar place kar den.
49. camera pleace ho jane ke baad amari image kuch aisi dikhegi.
50. Let us now make the mike of the tablet. The following image shows the steps in making the mike.
51. Place this mike over the tablet, just above the camera.
52. Draw a shape over the entire width of the tablet. The image below shows how to make the shape.
53. Now, select the bottom box of this tablet and paste it over this shape.
54. Select the newly created shape and the bottom box then go to the Pathfinder box. Select the option highlighted in red.
55. By selecting this option, one more shape will be made. Fill this shape with white color, but keep the opacity at 35%.
56. The tablet is now ready. Lets give it a 3D effect. To create the 3D look, copy the box at the bottom of the tablet.
57. Select this box and go to Effect> 3D> Extrude & Bevel.
58. By selecting this option, we will see a window which makes 3D effect. Follow the steps below.
59. Now, the basic structure of the 3D is done.
60. Select the 3D shape and go to Effect> Expand Appearance.
61. After selecting this option, the 3D shape is then ready to be filled with the gradient.
62. Fill the shapes with gradient color, which will give the silver effect. Gradient value is given in the image below.
63. In the same way, fill the gradient on the other part of the tablet, too. Use the same values.
64. After this step, the 3D effect of the tablet is ready. Let us then move on to the next step and join this tablet with its 3D shape. First, select the tablet and go to Object> Envelope Distort> Make with Mesh.
65. By choosing this option, a window will appear. In this window, insert the values shown in the image below
66. Now, tablet is converted into the mesh. With the help of the node of the mesh, we’ll join this tablet with the 3D shape.
67. After setting it with node, the image will look something like this.
68. Group this tablet with 3D shape. To do this, copy the 3D shape and place this under the tablet and set the opacity to 50%. See the image below.
69. Place the magnifying glass over this graph.
70. Select the graph below and make a copy of it.
71. Now copy a circle of magnifying glass & place it over the glass.
72. Now select both of them and mask them.
73. After masking go to the isolate section and increase the size of graph. It will look like this.
74. Place this circle under the magnifying glass
To download the source file for this tutorial, you will need to login as a member.
Sign up today to access all exclusive members content!