Illustrator Tip #31: Brushed Metal Effect
Brushed metal is a very nice effect you can use for interface design, icons and creating metal textures. This tutorial will show you how you can create brushed effect easily in Illustrator.
1. First start with a gradient from dark grey to light grey in the middle.
2. Go to Effect > Texture > Grain. Use the settings shown below and set grain type to Horizontal.
3. That’s it. Our vector brushed metal texture is created!
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: Tony Soh
Hi. I'm the founder of Vector Diary. Illustrator is my passion and I have written numerous tutorials on illustrator helping people learn illustrator. My most popular tutorial on learn illustrator has been a hit. It makes learning illustrator so easy and has benefited more than 20,000 people worldwide. Also, I've revealed some of my secret techniques in the premium tutorials. So don't forget to check it out!
Read more by Tony Soh
- Illustrator Tutorial: Rusty Metal Text Effect
- 10 Mistakes in Icon Design
- 13 Amazing Gradient Mesh Tutorials
- Illustrator Tutorial: Wood Grain
- Illustrator Trick #10: Stitched Text Effect