Premium Tutorial: Coconut Tree & the Beach
In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a coconut tree and a beach. The coconut tree is located at the corner of the scene. Illustrating the sky and sea background will be easy but illustrating the coconut tree and its leaves will be a little difficult. Let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (17 pages, 49 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic coconut tree on a beach
29. Select the leaf, create appropriate color in the Gradient Palette and set its direction using Gradient Tool.
30. Draw a shape at the middle of the leaf and fill it with the appropriate color.
31. Draw a withered leaf as shown below.
32. Draw another leaf between the first and last leaves. The color of this leaf can be uniform.
33. Draw a leaf under the withered one. This leaf is partially dark because it is located under the other leaf.
34. Draw a leaf at the right side of the first leaf. You should notice the direction of the leaves. In addition, you can use from a model.
35. Draw a dark leaf under the last one. This leaf should be smaller and has more leaflets.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: chrisflynn
Chris Flynn is a part-time freelancer who loves writing design tutorials. He has knowledge and proficiency in writing vector, Illustrator and Photoshop tutorials and writes for niches such as online marketing, SEO, social media and more.