In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a burning American football. We will create the flame located at the end of the football in an appealing way. In this illustration, you will also learn how to create textures and perspective patterns on the ball. So, let’s get started!
35. Draw a jagged shape using the Pencil Tool and fill it with orange.
36. To create the appropriate blur, use the Radial Tool, as shown in the image below.
37. To create the lighting of the flame, add the other forms to the last shape and to the right side of the flame.
38. Add the other shapes to the right side of the ball using the Pen Tool.
39. Partially blur the previous shape using the Effect Blur and put it under the orange lighting (Object > Arrange > Send Backward). Draw the other flames using the Pen Tool at the end.
40. Fill them with orange and blur them partially using the Radial Blur Effect and Gaussian Blur.
41. Copy the last drawn shapes, and fill them with yellow. Put them on the drawings. You’re done!