Premium Tutorial: Golden Text with Diamonds
In this illustrator tutorial, we will learn how to create golden style text with diamonds using appearance palette and scatter brushes. You will learn lots of new techniques on applying transform effect, offset path and seamless pattern on appearance palette. At the end of the tutorial, I will also show you a trick on how to scale your graphic style properly without any glitches. This tutorial contains detailed step by step descriptions, so it will be easy for any beginner to follow. You will no longer have any difficulties creating great text effects and style of your own after this tutorial. So let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (50 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn to create golden text effects
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
18. Keep using this technique until it looks as the one shown in the figures below.
19. Select all the shapes and go to Object > Expand Appearance.
20. Select the obtained triangles by using the Direct Selection Tool (A) and fill them with different shades of golden color. I used the following colors: 1 – white; 2 - (C = 4; M = 9; Y = 17, K = 3); 3 - (C = 6; M = 13; Y = 24, K = 4); 4 - (C = 11; M = 24; Y = 44, K = 8); 5 - (C = 14; M = 31; Y = 56, K = 10); 6 - (C = 29; M = 48; Y = 46, K = 45) and 7 - (C = 40; M = 65; Y = 62, K = 61). Color filling should not be chaotic, in order not to lose volume. You should clearly understand where light source is located, in my case it's from the top left corner. Letters on the figure below correspond to: L - light; S - shade and P - penumbra.
21. Now drag the created Seamless Pattern element to the Swatches Palette.
22. Select the top fill in the Appearance Palette and apply the created Pattern.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: Iaroslav
My name is Iaroslav lazunov, I am a graphic designer from Zhytomyr, Ukraine. I love Illustrator.