Premium Tutorial: Light Bulb
In this tutorial, we will illustrate a “Bulb”. Drawing a “Bulb Illustration” will fall in the “Technical Drawing” category. We will use Adobe illustrator to create the Illustration. This will be compatible to any version above CS4.
Pre-requisite for the tutorials: It has been assumed that the reader has the preliminary knowledge and efficiency on using the software Adobe Illustrator. Specifically with using the Pen Tool and other Basic Drawing Tools; Basic Colouring Tools like Colour Pallets, Colour Swatches, and Gradient Tool & Mess Tool.
Remember that in all the positions wherein we are drawing using the Pen Tool, you can alternatively choose to use a Digital Pen-Tablet to draw the required lines, curves, shapes etc. or the Pencil Tool or Brush Tool (with appropriate settings).
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (13 pages, 35 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic light bulb
22. Select the Holder Bottom layer. Draw these shapes using Pen Tool and use Fill Colour as shown below.
23. Apply Gaussian Blur on the shapes and decrease the Opacity.
24. Draw the white shape below it using Pen Tool.
25. Assemble the shapes in the previous step to create the below shape.
26. Select the Holder Upper layer. Draw these shapes using Pen Tool and use Fill Colour as shown below.
27. Apply Gaussian Blur on the shapes and decrease the Opacity.
28. Draw the white shape above it using Pen Tool.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: chrisflynn
Chris Flynn is a part-time freelancer who loves writing design tutorials. He has knowledge and proficiency in writing vector, Illustrator and Photoshop tutorials and writes for niches such as online marketing, SEO, social media and more.