Premium Tutorial: Mechanical Clock
In this tutorial, we will explain the ways on how to illustrate a mechanical clock. This contains numerous parts and various-attractive illustrations. We will also use 3D tools in this tutorial. While this tutorial is a little long, you will certainly learn a lot of things.
So, let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (21 pages, 58 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic Mechanical Clock
1. Draw an object and fill it using (C=32, M=33, Y=42, K=17). This shape is the ring segment.
2. Select the shape. Go to Effect > Revolve > 3D options and adjust it as shown below.
3. Draw a circle with size the same as the ring and paint it using the Gradient palette. Overlap them and use the Blending Mode > Transparency > Overlay.
4.Draw a black circle and overlay it with the ring.
5. Select the ring and go to the Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow to create a shadow.
6. Draw a circle smaller than the initial black circle and set it to have a thin line
weight from Stroke palette.
7. To create the clock’s gear, draw a circle and make a tooth at the top of it, a small line protruding from the circle. Draw a line from the tooth’s side going to the center. Select the tooth and the line and Group them (Ctrl+G).
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: chrisflynn
Chris Flynn is a part-time freelancer who loves writing design tutorials. He has knowledge and proficiency in writing vector, Illustrator and Photoshop tutorials and writes for niches such as online marketing, SEO, social media and more.
Read more by chrisflynn
- Premium Tutorial: A Leather Hat
- Premium Tutorial: Creating A Home Facade
- Premium Tutorial: Football with Flames
- Premium Tutorial: Coconut Tree & the Beach
- Premium Tutorial: Vector Red Bike