Premium Tutorial: Realistic Vector Rose
Learn every detail on how to create a photorealistic rose in this premium tutorial! In this illustrator tutorial, we will show you how to draw petals using gradient mesh. You will also learn techniques to create the gradient mesh, highlights and soft edges of the petals. A tutorial not to be missed for artist who loves to create realistic drawings.
See some of the amazing photorealistic vectors created by this author.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (20 steps)
- Learn the techniques and tricks to draw a photorealistic rose
- Discover how to draw clean and neat mesh for petals
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
1. First, place the rose picture in a new Illustrator file and lock this layer. Draw a rectangle on top of it with the Rectangle Tool(M).
2. Select the Mesh Tool(U). Click on the center and add a new point.
3. Select the 3 extreme points on the left and shift it down using Direction Selection Tool(A).
4. Select Rotate Tool(R) and click on the middle point on the left edge and rotate. Do the same with the other side. Adjust the direction points of the mesh to form curved edges.
5. Let's continue to add new points using Mesh Tool(U) to areas where there will be change of color and form.
6. When the mesh is ready, we can begin to paint each point. Select the Direct Selection Tool(A) and select a point on the mesh. Then switch to Eyedropper Tool(I). We will select the color near the point.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: alegas
My name is Rogoznev Oleg. I am a vector artist from Russia. I like to make photorealistic images in the vector. Mesh is my favorite tool. My gallery at http://alegas.deviantart.com/gallery/