Premium Tutorial: Realistic Vector Rose
Learn every detail on how to create a photorealistic rose in this premium tutorial! In this illustrator tutorial, we will show you how to draw petals using gradient mesh. You will also learn techniques to create the gradient mesh, highlights and soft edges of the petals. A tutorial not to be missed for artist who loves to create realistic drawings.
See some of the amazing photorealistic vectors created by this author.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (20 steps)
- Learn the techniques and tricks to draw a photorealistic rose
- Discover how to draw clean and neat mesh for petals
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
10. To get a highlight at the edges of the petals, the color distance between the points must be small.
11. If you want to get a soft and diffused edge, change the colors of the edges to be the same color as the next petal beside it.
12. To draw water drops, draw an oval shape and adjust it to form a water drop shape. Add mesh points to it and adjust the colors. Same applies for drawing the drop shadows.
13. To create a blur and soft edge, the edges must be filled with the same colors as the background.
14. Change the opacity of the water drop to 20% to create a translucent effect.
15. The leaves are also done using gradient mesh.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: alegas
My name is Rogoznev Oleg. I am a vector artist from Russia. I like to make photorealistic images in the vector. Mesh is my favorite tool. My gallery at http://alegas.deviantart.com/gallery/