In this illustrator tutorial, you will learn how to create a cool photorealistic retro microphone! The author will share with you on how he created this microphone from scratch. You will learn the techniques to create the chrome and metallic texture in this project. This will help you improve and brush up your texture skills in illustrator. The tutorial will teach of how to create the abstract musical waves at the background. So let’s get started!
27. Time for some realistic touch. We need to create the black areas behind the microphone cover. Without it, the microphone will seem hollow.
28. It's very easy to make it look real. Draw a black path and send it to the back of all layers we have drawn so far.
29. Now, add another area above it. This will cover the groove corners and gives a feel of reflection.
30. We need to draw the groove lines behind the right edge of the microphone. Refer to the images to understand what I mean. These are simple black paths, but placed very intelligently. Below shows the paths that are to be shadows for the grooves.
31. This is how they look after they are placed behind all layers.
32. Now we will proceed to draw the microphone stand and the stand to hold the microphone. These areas are a lot easier than the microphone itself. To draw the microphone stand, first we will draw the background areas, which can be done by drawing two paths.