Premium Tutorial: Retro Microphone
In this illustrator tutorial, you will learn how to create a cool photorealistic retro microphone! The author will share with you on how he created this microphone from scratch. You will learn the techniques to create the chrome and metallic texture in this project. This will help you improve and brush up your texture skills in illustrator. The tutorial will teach of how to create the abstract musical waves at the background. So let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (46 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn the techniques to create chrome and metallic texture
- Learn to create an abstact musical wave background
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
27. Time for some realistic touch. We need to create the black areas behind the microphone cover. Without it, the microphone will seem hollow.
28. It's very easy to make it look real. Draw a black path and send it to the back of all layers we have drawn so far.
29. Now, add another area above it. This will cover the groove corners and gives a feel of reflection.
30. We need to draw the groove lines behind the right edge of the microphone. Refer to the images to understand what I mean. These are simple black paths, but placed very intelligently. Below shows the paths that are to be shadows for the grooves.
31. This is how they look after they are placed behind all layers.
32. Now we will proceed to draw the microphone stand and the stand to hold the microphone. These areas are a lot easier than the microphone itself. To draw the microphone stand, first we will draw the background areas, which can be done by drawing two paths.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: bobbysandhu
Bobby Sandhu is a freelance Traditional and Digital artist. He does vectors, vexels, digital paintings and pencil portraits. On deviantart he has received 5 Daily Deviation features and is acclaimed for his Vector car illustrations. Check his complete gallery at www.bobbysandhulive.com or visit his Deviant Art account.