Premium Tutorial: Roulette Wheel
This Illustrator tutorial will help you learn how to draw a Casino inspired table with roulette wheel. Detailed instructions are included on how to draw the roulette wheel from scratch. You will also learn how to draw different poker chips and how to easily create a stack of poker chips using the Blend Tool. Also learn how to use Free Distort to create perspective of depth.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (50 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn to create realistic roulette wheel
- Learn to draw gambling table and chips
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
19. Start by drawing an oval shape using the Ellipse Tool having the dimensions from as shown below. Duplicate it and move it down then using the Direct Selection Tool select just the shown point and press the Delete key. Now take the Pen Tool and continue to draw from the right point, intersect with the right point of the shape above it then go to the left side and close the path. Fill this shape with Cooper and the top oval with a radial gradient using the following colors: (R=84, G=21, B=19), (R=141, G=80, B=39), (R=215, G=177, B=138) and (R=255, G=242, B=219). This will be the base of the turret.
20. Now draw another oval shape, place it like below and fill it with the same gradient from above just change it from radial to linear. Duplicate this shape because you will need it again at the next step then select both the oval shape just drawn and the top oval of the base and go to Object > Blend > Blend Options. Select Specified Steps and for the distance between them 5 steps is enough. After you set the value go to Object > Blend > Make.
21. Change the fill gradient for the oval that I duplicated at step 19 and draw another small oval shape above it and fill it with Copper. Select these 2 shapes and blend them at 12 steps because the distance is bigger. You will need a copy of the small oval later to duplicate it.
22. Take the Ellipse Tool again and draw an oval and duplicate it because you will need it again. Use the Pen Tool to draw the red path using as reference for the left and right points of the oval shape. Select both the red path and the oval and click Add to shape area > Expand from the Pathfinder Panel. Now select the copy of the oval, which has to be behind the obtained shape and fill it with Copper Radial. Select this oval and the smaller one in the image, which is the copy of the one selected at the previous step and blend them at 5 Specified steps.
23. Next draw the black and the red paths from below then Copy and Paste in back the black one. Select both the red path and one of the black ones and click Subtract from shape area > Expand. Fill the other black path with Copper Radial and the obtained shape in front with Copper.
The 2 shapes above the ones just made are drawn like the turret’s base but just smaller. Copy and Paste in back the bigger oval at the top then select both the pasted oval and the smaller one like shown in the image above and blend them with 15 Specified Steps.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: Diana Toma
I'm a graphic designer extremely passionate about my work. I discovered Illustrator a while ago and simply love it. Since then, it has kept me busy and active.