In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a street lantern. It requires a variety of techniques to crate this nice street lantern. You have probably seen these antique lanterns frequently but after the illustration of this lantern, you will appreciate them better. Let’s get started!
11. To create the lantern's roof, draw 3 rectangles using Pen Tool. Fill it with the appropriate gradient. Do this for the top part.
12. Add a crown at the top of the shape. Draw 3 rectangles and curve them. Fill each of them with the appropriate gradient.
13. To create a curve at the top of the shape, draw half of it using Pen Tool. Take a duplicate from it and reverse it using Reflect Tool from Tool Box.
14. To create volume, draw some lines and fill them with the appropriate gradient. Put them as shown below.
15. Add a tail to the lantern.