Premium Tutorial: Street Lantern
In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a street lantern. It requires a variety of techniques to crate this nice street lantern. You have probably seen these antique lanterns frequently but after the illustration of this lantern, you will appreciate them better. Let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (13 pages, 41 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic street lantern
11. To create the lantern's roof, draw 3 rectangles using Pen Tool. Fill it with the appropriate gradient. Do this for the top part.
12. Add a crown at the top of the shape. Draw 3 rectangles and curve them. Fill each of them with the appropriate gradient.
13. To create a curve at the top of the shape, draw half of it using Pen Tool. Take a duplicate from it and reverse it using Reflect Tool from Tool Box.
14. To create volume, draw some lines and fill them with the appropriate gradient. Put them as shown below.
15. Add a tail to the lantern.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: chrisflynn
Chris Flynn is a part-time freelancer who loves writing design tutorials. He has knowledge and proficiency in writing vector, Illustrator and Photoshop tutorials and writes for niches such as online marketing, SEO, social media and more.