Premium Tutorial: Vector Wine Glass
This illustrator tutorial will show you how to create an awesome realistic vector wine glass with grapes. You will learn how to draw transparent glass textures and reflection effects in Illustrator. I will also show you how to use gradient mask effectively in this tutorial. This tutorial will suit intermediate to advanced users. Sign up for premium membership to start learning to draw great looking glass today!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (67 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn to draw a vector wine glass
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
18. Above the background layer, we will draw another path (which is slightly smaller than the earlier one) and fill it with a gradient.
19. Next we will draw a semi-circle which will serve as the half filled liquid in the glass.
20. Note the gradients in various layers. Drawing a glass is really all about playing with gradients. Teaching someone how to choose them is impossible, it is a practice of observation. Observe wine glass in reality and try to create the same gradients.
21. Create a random shape to give the illusion of depth in liquid.
22. Create another gradient shape on right.
23. Draw another reflection on the bottom.
... end of preview. Sign up for premium membership to read the whole tutorial!
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: bobbysandhu
Bobby Sandhu is a freelance Traditional and Digital artist. He does vectors, vexels, digital paintings and pencil portraits. On deviantart he has received 5 Daily Deviation features and is acclaimed for his Vector car illustrations. Check his complete gallery at www.bobbysandhulive.com or visit his Deviant Art account.