This Illustrator tutorial will take you through the process of creating a video game console step by step. You will learn my unique technique of drawing realistic buttons for the controllers and distorting letters to fit the buttons. This tutorial will be fun and easy for beginners. After this tutorial, you will gain an insight on drawing electronics and you can apply it on your next project.
18. Place the ring made above on top of an oval filled with the same gradient like for the front of the console then place a smaller one in the middle filled with the same green to yellow gradient. For a more glowing look select the small oval in the middle and the ring, Copy and paste in back, go to Effect > Blur and select a 2 px Gaussian Blur.
19. Place all the buttons and shapes on the front of the console and this part is almost done.
20. Next draw 2 paths like in the image below. Go to Brush Libraries Menu > Artistic > Artistic Ink and find Tapered Stroke. Use this brush to stroke the paths then change the Stroke weight to 0.25 pt or less, select a 2 px Gaussian Blur and lower the Opacity to 45%. Also draw the shape on the side and fill it using a similar gradient like the one used for the top of the console.
21. The first part is done and the console looks like this:
22. Take the Pen Tool and draw the shape that you see in the next image then rotate it. Next, draw the red shape, Copy and paste in front the first shape. Select both the pasted shape and the red one and go to Pathfinder Panel > Intersect shape areas and Expand to obtain the small darker shape on top. Fill them both using the same gradients like for the console.
23. To make the first button draw a circle using the Ellipse Tool then draw a smaller one on top and place it like below, go to Object > Expand and fill it with a similar gradient used so far. Now draw another circle on top and fill it with a linear gradient using darker gray tones. Colors that I used are: (R=51, G=51, B=51), (R=26, G=26, B=26), (R=101, G=112, B=118) and (R=51, G=51, B=51).