Illustrator Tip #30: Sticky Post Note
This quick Illustrator tutorial will show you how to create a nice vector sticky post note using Illustrator. It is actually a very useful design element where you can use for magazines, brochures and even website. Add your custom message on the sticky post to get more eyeballs on your design. Let’s see how it is done in Illustrator.
1. First use the Pen tool to draw the shape of the sticky post note.
2. Fill it with a nice linear gradient. Make a gradient like the following with a highlight in the middle of the gradient slider. Adjust the 2 diamond sliders at the top to be close to the middle gradient stop. Now apply the gradeint to the sticky post note. Click and draw the gradient from bottom right to top left to set the gradient in 45 degrees.
3. Draw a rectangle and rotate it like below. Give a light brown color and set its transparency option as Multiply. It will give a see through illusion just like a real plastic tape.
4. Let’s move on to draw the shadow. Use the pen tool to draw the following shadow shape.
Finally, apply a Feather of 14px to the black shadow to make the edges soft. Our sticky post vector note is completed! Now you just need to add you custom message on the sticky post note.
Get up to 35 free images from Bigstock
- Complimentary video clips on Bigstock.Get up to 35 videos in a week.
See the list of all Illustrator tutorials.
Learn 101 Illustrator tips and techniques for free.
About The Author: Tony Soh
Hi. I'm the founder of Vector Diary. Illustrator is my passion and I have written numerous tutorials on illustrator helping people learn illustrator. My most popular tutorial on learn illustrator has been a hit. It makes learning illustrator so easy and has benefited more than 20,000 people worldwide. Also, I've revealed some of my secret techniques in the premium tutorials. So don't forget to check it out!