In this tutorial, we will explain the ways on how to illustrate a leather hat using Adobe Illustrator. Creating the hatband and leather texture is a long but rewarding process. I enjoyed creating this tutorial and I hope you will as well. So, let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (15 pages, 53 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic leather hat
1. Draw a shape as shown below.
2. Copy the previously drawn shape and reflect it using the Reflect Tool from Tool Box. Assemble and coincide both of them. Select them and go to Window > Pathfinder > Unite. The shape should be as shown below.
3. Set the stroke of the shape to none. Fill the shape with brown color.
4. Select the shape and go to Object > Create Gradient Mesh. Select the nodes
that are created in the middle using the Direct Selection Tool and fill them
5. Select the nodes that are located near the middle ones and fill them with #B54B26 color.
6. Select the nodes that are located near the previous nodes and fill them with
7. Add bright colors to near the created dark colors (#94301E).
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!