Get ready for the holiday season with this Christmas Ornament Wreath tutorial. We will be using a lot of Pen Tool and Ellipse Tool while combining some simple shapes and coloring with vivid color gradients. In addition, we’ll add the highlights using the Transparency Palette plus one or two effects. Best of all, we will have a great time exploring some nice techniques during the creation process. So, get ready to create a nice Christmas illustration.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (47 pages, 122 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic Christmas ornament wreath
Create the Ribbon
46.Use the Pen Tool (P) to create a shape as shown in the first image. Once your shape is drawn, fill it with the linear gradient.
47. Add the Drop Shadow effect for the newly created shape.
48. Using the Pen Tool (P), create a shape and fill this shape with the linear gradient as shown in the image below.
49. Apply a 4px Gaussian Blur for the newly created shape.
50. Continue to create a shape with the help of the Pen Tool (P). Next, fill the shape with the linear gradient as shown below.
51. Add the Drop Shadow effect for the newly created shape.
52. We need a midpoint for the ribbon. This means we need to create the knot. For this part of the illustration, we will need the Pen Tool (P) again. Pick the Pen Tool (P) and use this tool to create a shape as shown below.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!