In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a burning American football. We will create the flame located at the end of the football in an appealing way. In this illustration, you will also learn how to create textures and perspective patterns on the ball. So, let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (14 pages, 41 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a football with flames
1. Draw a football using the Pen Tool and fill it with bright brown.
2. To create the texture on the football, draw an ellipse using the Pen Tool. To repeat it, go to Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform. Set as shown in the image below and click Ok.
3. Copy the shape on step 2 (Ctrl+D) and paste it partly lower than the first position.
4. To remove the effect properties, select the shapes and go to Object > Expand. Then, go to Effect > Distort & Transform > Transform and set as shown below.
5. Draw a rectangle on the previous shape. Select the rectangle and ellipses, and click the Minus Front.
6. Select some of the rectangles using the Direct Selection Tool and delete them as shown in the image below.
7. To create the appropriate form, go to Effect > Warp > Inflate and set as shown in the image below.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!