In the following steps, you will learn how to create a detailed Formula One Car illustration using Adobe Illustrator. For beginners, you will learn how to create simple shapes using some basic tools. Then you will learn how to apply linear and radial gradient, and with the help of some basic effects to add shade, depth and highlights for the overall illustration. Finally, reflect them and arrange the copies to create the final artwork. So now let’s begin!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (83 pages, 206 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice formula one car vector
Draw the body of the car
1. Pick the Rectangle Tool (M) from the Tool Palette and then create a 126px by 110px object.
2. Based on the rectangle created in the previous step, pick the Pen Tool (P) and then use this tool to draw an object as shown in the image below.
3. Pick the Direct Selection Tool (A). Use this tool and the Shift key to select four anchor points highlighted with yellow. Next, click on the “Convert selected anchor points to smooth” button from the Properties Bar.
4. Use the Direct Selection Tool (A) and the Convert Anchor Points Tool (Shift +C) to adjust the handles of anchor points as shown in the image below.
5. Reselect the newly created object. Pick the Reflect Tool (O) from the Tool Palette, hold down the Alt key and click on the point highlighted as shown in the image below. In the Reflect dialog box, check the Vertical and click Copy.
6. Select the two newly created objects, open the Pathfinder Palette (Window > Pathfinder) and then click on the Unite button.
7. Remove the anchor point highlighted with yellow to get the result as shown in the second image below.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!