In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a Low Poly Mountain with some low poly background elements using Adobe Illustrator. I’ll mostly be drawing shapes and using the solid color to accomplish the desired result. If you’re familiar with Illustrator you should be able to follow along relatively easily.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (21 pages, 30 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic Low Poly Mountain
1. Before we starts, see the sample carefully and study the step.
2. Create a new Illustrator document and draw a rough mountain outline using the Pen tool. Make single clicks to generate straight lines between each point and follow a curved path for the bottom edge to help with its 3D appearance later.
3. Deselect the outline shape then add intersecting lines running from upper to lower points. Use Smart Guides (CMD+U) to make it easy to snap to these existing points.
4. Select the Pen Tool (p) and create a shape and then fill the object with live paint color
5.Draw a selection around all the line work so far then click the Divide option from the Pathfinder palette to intersect all the lines and create individual shapes.
6. Right click and choose Ungroup in order to select the individual shapes created from the
7. Now create a base shape of the mountain and fill with a solid color.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!