In this tutorial, we will explain the ways on how to illustrate a mechanical clock. This contains numerous parts and various-attractive illustrations. We will also use 3D tools in this tutorial. While this tutorial is a little long, you will certainly learn a lot of things.
So, let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (21 pages, 58 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic Mechanical Clock
1. Draw an object and fill it using (C=32, M=33, Y=42, K=17). This shape is the ring segment.
2. Select the shape. Go to Effect > Revolve > 3D options and adjust it as shown below.
3. Draw a circle with size the same as the ring and paint it using the Gradient palette. Overlap them and use the Blending Mode > Transparency > Overlay.
4.Draw a black circle and overlay it with the ring.
5. Select the ring and go to the Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow to create a shadow.
6. Draw a circle smaller than the initial black circle and set it to have a thin line
weight from Stroke palette.
7. To create the clock’s gear, draw a circle and make a tooth at the top of it, a small line protruding from the circle. Draw a line from the tooth’s side going to the center. Select the tooth and the line and Group them (Ctrl+G).
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!