In today’s tutorial we will be looking at how to create an illustration of a Microphone in Adobe Illustrator. We’ll use vector shape building techniques, various types of gradients and blending modes, working with the Align palette and other functions of Adobe Illustrator to make this music inspired illustration. Get ready to rock this!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (28 pages, 32 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic microphone
Create the Background
23. We're done with the microphone. It's time for the background now. Pick the Rectangle Tool (M) and create a 1027 by 688px rectangle. Next fill this rectangle with the radial gradient as shown below. Continue with the Ellipse Tool (L), create a 293 by 293px ellipse and then place it to the position like you see in the second image. Fill the newly created ellipse with R=98, G=178, B=227 and reduce its Opacity to 50%, then apply a 25px Gaussian Blur effect for the resulting ellipse.
24. With the help of the Pen Tool (P) create three objects as shown below. Once your objects are drawn, select two yellow objects and fill them with the linear gradient as shown in the second image, then apply a 20px Gaussian Blur effect for the resulting shapes.
25. Select the red object and fill it with the linear gradient as shown below. Next reduce the Opacity of the resulting shape to 60% and apply a 20px Gaussian Blur effect for it.
26. Continue with the Pen Tool (P), create a yellow object like you see in the image below. Fill the newly created object with the linear gradient as shown in the second image. Next apply a 20px Gaussian Blur effect for the resulting shape and reduce its Opacity to 50%.
27. Pick the Ellipse Tool (L) and create a 89 by 89px ellipse. Fill this ellipse with R=207, G=233, B=247 and then place it to the position as shown below. Next apply a 10px Gaussian Blur effect for the resulting ellipse.
28. Now, follow the sequence of images and repeat the same process as the previous steps to create some ellipses similar to the ones from below.
29. Using the Ellipse Tool (L) create a 143 by 143px ellipse. Fill this ellipse with R=55, G=122, B=178 and then place it to the position as shown below. Next apply a 5px Gaussian Blur effect for the newly created ellipse then set it to Blending Mode Screen and reduce the Opacity to 20%.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!