Follow this tutorial and learn how to draw one and a half papaya fruits in Adobe Illustrator. The tutorial is composed of two main parts, creating the papaya fruit and creating the other half of the papaya. You will start from basic shapes and with a few vector shape building techniques like the Pathfinder Palette, Offset Path and Duplicate object. You will easily create the shapes that you need. The Clipping Mask also plays an important role in this tutorial along with some effects and the Transparency Palette. So let’s begin!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (44 pages, 34 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice realistic papaya fruit
Create the Seeds
31. Let's now work on creating the seeds of our papaya. First create a black object and then fill it with the radial gradient. To give a more realistic look, let's add some details on the seed like you see in the third and the fourth image. Next reselect all these details and apply a 0.5px Gaussian Blur effect for them. Finally select and group (Ctrl +G) all shapes created in this step and name this group "Seed".
32. Reselect the group "Seed" and go to the Effect > Stylize > Drop Shadow. Follow the data and click OK. Likewise, repeat the same process as the previous steps to draw more seeds and then place them to the positions like you see in the second, the third and the fourth image.
33. We are done with the half of the papaya. Now we are going to start making a shadow for it to give it more of a 3D look. First draw a black object. Next fill this object with R=25, G=0, B=0 and reduce the Opacity of the resulting shape to 90%. Finally apply a 16px Gaussian Blur effect for the newly created shape and then hide the resulting shape behind the papaya half.
Create the Background
34. Next come the background. Pick the Rectangle Tool (M) and create a 1658 by
1092px rectangle. Fill this rectangle with the radial gradient as shown below. The last
thing to do is place the papaya fruit and the papaya half into the newly created
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!