In this tutorial, we will explain how to illustrate a photorealistic apple. An apple is an attractive fruit because it has bright and luscious colors. To create the beautiful and complex textures of the apple, it will take a considerable amount of time. But don’t worry, because we will attempt to at least simplify this tutorial for you. Let us get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (14 pages, 37 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice photorealistic apple
1. Draw the shape of an apple using the Pen Tool.
2. Add the apple’s stem at the top of it as shown in the image below.
3. To create the real shape of a leaf, use the Pencil Tool. You can draw jagged margins of the leaf using this tool.
4. Draw the veins of the apple using the Pencil Tool.
5. Select the shape of the apple and fill it with the appropriate color. This color will be the dominating one. To create some nodes which are editable, go to Object > Create Gradient Mesh. In the setting window, set number 3 for rows and columns and click Ok.
6. Select the nodes using the Direct Selection Tool and fill them with orange. To select a few nodes, hold the Shift key and click on the nodes using Direct Selection Tool.
7. Select the appropriate node using the Direct Selection Tool and fill it with a darker shade of red.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!