In the following tutorial, I’ll show you how to create a very realistic and detailed camera using Adobe Illustrator. We’ll be creating the base shapes using the Basic Shapes and the Pathfinder. Next, we will add the details using gradients and the Appearance Panel. Finally, we will use effects like: 3D Extrude & Bevel, Blur, Warp, Texture to create a vivid camera. Let’s start!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (70 pages, 214 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice photorealistic dslr camera
Draw the Body of the Camera
1. First, pick the Rectangle Tool (M) from the Tool Palette. Next, use this tool to create a 460px by 290px object.
2.Pick the Direct Selection Tool (A). Hold down the Shift key and select the two anchors on the right side of our object and then move them 63px up.
3. Pick the Add Anchor Point Tool (+) and use this tool to add the four anchor points highlighted with blue. Next, select and remove the two anchor points highlighted with red.
4. Reselect the four anchor points just added and click on the “Convert Selected Anchor Points to Smooth” button from the Properties Bar. Next, use the Direct Selection Tool (A) to adjust these anchor points to get the result as shown in the image below.
5. Pick the Pen Tool (P) and use it to create a red object as shown in the image below.
6. Reselect the object created in step 5 and duplicate (Ctrl +C, Ctrl +F) it. While the copy is selected, hold the Shift key and click on the red object. Next, open the Pathfinder Palette (Window > Pathfinder) and then click on the Minus Back button.
7. Fill the newly created object with R=65, G=64, B=66. Next, fill the remaining object with R=88, G=89, B=91.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!