In this tutorial, I’m going to show you the step-by-step process of creating a cute pirate minion. First, you’ll learn how to create pixel perfect shapes using the Pen or the Ellipse Tools. Next, you’ll see how you can add depth and shade for your shapes using the complex gradients, the Pathfinder options and some basic blending techniques… So let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (86 pages, 223 steps)
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
- Detailed step by step tutorial to draw a nice and cute pirate minion
Draw the Minion
1. Pick the Rectangle Tool (M) from the Tool Palette and create a 238px by 459px object.
2. Reselect the newly created object and go to the Object > Stylize > Round Corners. Enter a 107px Radius and click OK. While the result is selected, go to the Object > Expand Appearance.
3. Pick the Direct Selection Tool (A), select the left anchor point highlighted with blue and move it 5px to the left. Next, select the right anchor point highlighted with blue and then move it 5px to the right.
4. Fill the result with R=109, G=110, B=113.
5. Use the Ellipse Tool (L) to create a 134px by 53px object. Next, open the Align Palette (Window > Align). Select the two newly created objects, and click on the Horizontal Align Center button, then click on the Vertical Align Center button.
6. Reselect the Ellipse object, move it 16px up and then move it 13px to the right.
7. Select the top anchor point of the Ellipse and then move it 11px down.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!