In this illustrator tutorial, you will learn how to create a cool photorealistic retro microphone! The author will share with you on how he created this microphone from scratch. You will learn the techniques to create the chrome and metallic texture in this project. This will help you improve and brush up your texture skills in illustrator. The tutorial will teach of how to create the abstract musical waves at the background. So let’s get started!
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (46 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn the techniques to create chrome and metallic texture
- Learn to create an abstact musical wave background
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
4. You can argue that this could be easily done by creating just one path and filling it with the same gradient. But you will not get such a delightful symmetry if you do that. Well, you can try it and you will know what I mean. See below.
5. Now let's try to draw the dark grooves. You might think that these are just black paths, but they are more than just plain paths. There are highlight at edges. Let me show you what I'm talking about by adding a black background to the drawing. You can see the white highlights below the dark grooves.
6. Now, drawing these dark grooves isn't hard. First, draw a white path, now draw a dark path on it.
7. The exploded view of the dark groove.
8. The left and right sides of the dark groove. The only exception in these grooves is at the center. Well, nothing hard, they just break in the middle, but let me show you how I did them.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!