Christmas is around the corner and in this illustrator tutorial you will learn how to draw a vector snow globe with a winter landscape and a small town inside. This is a great way to learn creative methods and tricks on how to use different brushes to create the snow look and the snowfall. Also by the end of it you will know how to draw a lodge, a snowman and I will explain my way of drawing a fir tree using a personalized fir-tree branch Art Brush.
Requirements: Adobe Illustrator
What will you get?
- Instant download of PDF e-book (36 steps)
- Detailed step by step tutorial
- Learn to create snow globe
- Comes with Ai file for easy reference
16. We will start by drawing the logs first. So take the Pen Tool and draw the log shape that you see below and fill it with a linear gradient using the colors: (R=93, G=69, B=35), (R=214, G=175, B=109) and a (R=93, G=69, B=35). Then adjust the angle so that the colors follow the length of the log like in the image.
To create the cross-cut shape, take the Ellipse Tool and draw an oval on top of the log then fill it with a radial gradient from (R=128, G=63, B=29) to (R=210, G=166, B=128).
17. Group the 2 shapes drawn above, multiply and place them on top of each other to form the front wall of the lodge. Duplicate this wall to form another group of logs for the back wall. Now take the Ellipse Tool and draw 2 shapes like the ones in the right and fill them using the same gradients from above to create some cross-cut pieces. Group the 2 shapes, multiply and place them like in the image:
18. The next step is to draw the roof of the lodge so take the Pen Tool and draw the first shape then the 2 narrow ones starting from the 3 corner points of the first shape. Do the same and draw 2 more.
19. Draw the back part of the roof in the same way and then place it on top of the 2 walls made earlier.
20. Next use the Rounded Rectangle Tool and draw the first rectangle at the bottom then multiply it and place all the others on top of each other to create the third wall. Adjust the shape of the last 3 rectangles by moving some of the points using the Direct Selection Tool so that it fits with the roof angle.
Sign up for FREE membership to download tutorial in PDF today!